Yoga is an ancient teaching that allows us to unite our mind and body, creating a sense of balance and oneness. This can be done through a variety of asanas (physical poses), breathing techniques and meditations. The word yoga comes from the Sanskrit root "yuj", which translates to "yoke" or "control". Yoga is the self-discipline that exists in our lives, allowing us to harmonize our being at all levels of existence.
Banyan Yoga and Ayurveda offers 13 yoga classes per week to suit your busy schedule. We offer many different styles, ranging from Beginner Yoga 101, Beginner Hatha Flow and Restorative Yoga and Reiki, to Slow Flow Hatha, Vinyasa for Everybody, Mixed Level Vinyasa and Advanced Hatha Practices.
Banyan Yoga and Ayurveda offers informative workshops with excellent instructors. Some of our favorite instructors are:
- Lynn Roberts-Ward- Mala-Making, Meditation, Asana and Reiki Shares
- Dov Bush- Kundalini Yoga
- Doug Hayward- Asana, Pranayama, Nano Yoga and Yoga Nidra
- Mirella Nicholson- Yoga Sadhana and Women's Practices
- Danielle Stimpson- Reiki levels 1-3 (Master), Shamanic Studies and Intregrated Energy Therapy (IET)
- Ann Mertens- Community Acupuncture